- Last Updated: Wednesday, 08 March 2017 21:52
Entries are NOW OPEN for TheatreFest 2017!
Festivals are devoted to the improvement of theatre standards by:
- Providing each participating group an assessment of its work in respect of theatre skills and technique.
- Offering constructive feedback.
- Helping the audience to a fuller understanding of the presentation.
- Festivals are about encouragement, friendship, learning, sharing and communicating.
Although Festivals are competitive, winning is by no means the sole purpose of entering. The aspects to be stressed are the opportunities to observe one's peers, to learn through performance and education, and the enrichment of meeting other participants and groups.
There are three levels to TheatreFest:
In order to progress from one level to the next, teams must enter the festival competitively. At Local level, at the discretion of the organisers, festivals can have a non-competitive section and teams in this section can receive an adjudication. Presentations are seen by a different Adjudicator at each level and will receive both an oral and written adjudication. The Adjudicator recommends to the organisers of each festival those presentations going forward to the next level.